Truth and memory


In the truth and memory unit of my humanities course, who am I, we learned a lot about different philosophers and what their opinions were. We were confronted with, many times, what do we believe in. we were then challenged with the task of creating a short podcast that explained our opinion. below you will find the audio of the podcast and the script that i read from. I hope you enjoy it and consider my thoughts.

( click play button for audio)


What is it that I believe in? How does this relate to the world around me? Tune in now to find out. My name is JH and you are tuned in to What Now. I am a freshman high school student and through various experiences I have developed pretty interesting thoughts about the world around me. I have pretty sophisticated opinion about being able to trust people. My opinion is that trusting people is not necessarily a good choice. I say this because humans are naturally greedy and are only concerned with their own survival, excitement and etc. For example, in an active shooter scenario you shouldn't trust anyone because you and that person are concerned with the safety of yourselves and the lives of those that you “care about”. In this situation everyone would just be overcome with a huge amount of fear; so huge that they disregard another human life to save theirs. This is a really drastic situation, but it gets the point across really well doesn't it?

Even little situations could be used as an example for this. For instance i was over a friends house one day and we went to target to buy a game. He picked up the game, not in an attempt to steal it, but to get a better look. The alarms started blaring and a couple of security guards come rushing over and he bolts a couple of aisles down. They didn't see him but what they did see was this black boy that looked kind of sketchy with a hood on, holding a video game with the video game off of the console while the alarm blaring. During that altercation I just thought that he was right for booking it and i should have done the same but wasn't quick enough, so therefore i got caught. But after looking back on it a year and a half later i realized that out of fear he saved himself instead of helping his “friend” not get in trouble. I feel like this experience that lead to me not trusting people hindered me and it made me stronger. Because now I have an issue with trusting people and that leads to having a hard time being “friends” with people. It made me stronger though because if you don't trust people it puts you in a position where you worry about making yourself better. Now i'm not insisting that you befriend all of your friends just because of my examples, but what i want you to leave with is that you should be weary about who or what you are around. Stay alert and staying skeptical will keep you safe. This was my opinion on trust. Thanks for tuning in and see you guys in the next one.

Comments

Popular Posts